CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Best Laid Plans. . .

As you have seen in previous posts our best friends Patrick and Heather have two children--Alana and Lilliana. Lilliana is about 7 weeks older than our Isabella. We are so excited to have children born so close together, and have decided that they will grow up best friends and be college roommates some day!!
Lilliana turned 1 year old September 17th! A birthday party was planned for Saturday September 22rd, Isabella and I were on going to Jacksonville for the weekend. I had arranged my work schedule to be off Friday through Monday for a nice long weekend in FL.
Thursday night Jason picked Isabella up from day care and brought her home while I went to the last meeting of a Beth Moore Bible Study on the book of Daniel (which I would highly recommend to anyone). While I was there Jason called three times to tell me that Isabella was not acting right, and seemed to not be feeling well. When I got home to put her to bed, we took her temperature and her fever was 101.3. We gave her some Tylenol and rotated it with Motrin through the night. Friday morning she still had a fever, and just seemed to feel terrible. I called the doctor and we went into the office, after waiting 1 and 1/2 hours in the sick waiting room, we finally saw Dr Whitehead and he told me that she had an ear infection in her left ear. Apparently the cold that she had been battling for 2 weeks had resulted in an ear infection. We started her on Amoxicillin and called to tell Heather that we would not be coming that afternoon, but maybe we would still go on Saturday. Well Friday evening Heather called me back and told me that Lilli had awakened from her afternoon nap with a 103 fever and they had taken her to the doctor and she had strept throat!!
We decided to listen to what the Lord was apparently telling us, and stayed home. We were all very bummed!!! Apparently we made a good decision because by Sunday Alana was sick too!!! Poor Lilli's 1st birthday party had to be rescheduled!!
Our weekend was spent at home, taking medicine, and trying to get Isabella to eat, drink, and sleep!! Hopefully next weekend will be better!!
Happy 1st Birthday Lilliana, wish that we could have been there to celebrate you!!

0 comments: